WordPress is a great blogging system. It’s the most popular blogging system ever made with enormous number of functions that makes it too much powerful. Every big site has bugs. Same is there with WordPress. It’s also the most hacked blogging system.
We are with top 10 security plugins today which will help users to protect their WordPress blog.
- Acunetix WP Security: It is a free and comprehensive security tool that helps you secure your WordPress installation. Ensure your WordPress admin protection and lots more.
2. All In One WP Security & Firewall: User friendly and all in one WordPress security and firewall plugin for your site.
3. Google Authenticator: Gives you two factor authentications using the Google Authenticator app. The two factor authentication requirement can be enabled on a per user basis.
4. Wordfence Security: It is a free enterprise class security plugin that includes a firewall. Have geolocation and more.
5. WordPress File Monitor Plus: When a change occurs is notified via email. It is a fork of WordPress File Monitor.
6. Better WP Security: Most effective way to secure WordPress. It can improve the security of any WordPress site in seconds.
7. BulletProof Security: Website security protection against XSS and RFI.
8. Akismet: It checks your comments against the web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog.
9. AntiVirus: It will scan your theme templates for malicious injections. For more blog security you can use it.
10. BBQ Block Bad Queries: Helps protect WordPress against malicious URL requests. You could enable it for your administrator account as usual with less privileged accounts.
Along with being the most powerful blogging system it’s also the most hacked blogging system. This is your prime duty to save your blog before its been infected. Try to choose your best one among these ten lists. A Word Press site’s admin must think about protection and security of his blog.